Wednesday 30 October 2013

Iran’s coach says Golden Eaglets’ players are not teenagers


The handler of Iran’s U-17 national team, Ali Doustimehr has doubted the ages of  Golden Eaglets players after the Nigerian team trounced his side 4-1 in the second round of the on-going U-17 World Cup in UAE. He said the Nigerian side didn’t play like teenagers. Read his comments after the cut…

“The Eaglets were the better side. I am happy with FIFA for bringing up such tournament which has helped to ensure peace and friendship among the youths of the world. I have been in this job for over 30 years and I have been coaching the National team for 20 years. The way the Eaglets played today (yesterday) and in their matches showed that they can’t be teenagers but if they are truly within the age bracket, it shows that Nigeria will have a very strong national team in the future.I didn’t say that they are overage but if they truly Under 17 I wish them luck. My players are young and inexperienced and it counted against Nigeria”.

No comments:

Post a Comment