Saturday 11 March 2017

2019: Aniekan Umanah declares for House of Reps; says Emman Ekon should support him


Immediate Past Commissioner for Information and Communications, Elder Aniekan Umanah has declared that he will contest for the Abak-Ika-Etim Ekpo seat in the Federal House of Representatives. The former spokesman of the Akwa Ibom State Government who stated this in a recent interview with newsmen said he had same interest in 2015 but was asked to step aside and support the incumbent, Rt. Hon. Emmanuel Ekon to return for second term. Ekon is said to be interested in running for a third term. Read more below…

“Yes, I am a political animal and I have the right to do so. I aspired to contest for that office in 2015 but was prevailed upon to withdraw for Hon. Emmanuel Ekon to go for a second term. I respected the leadership of the State and the party and dropped same. It did not end there. I supported Ekon, spent money and time to help him win right from the primaries up to the general elections. We have given Hon. Ekon the opportunity to serve for two terms. He has served his time and benefitted from the magnanimity of our people and my humility. He promised he will support me after his two terms. I hope he stands by his words. To answer your question directly, I say yes - I am very interested in the House of Representatives Seat which comes to Abak LGA going by our local zoning arrangement.”

No comments:

Post a Comment