Monday 17 December 2012

Nigeria’s Youngest Editor bags Best Journalist of the Year award


2012 has been an eventful year for me. I have received some awards in the past 12 months and I cherish this one so much because it is coming from a respected voice. On Saturday, 15 December, 2012, the Prime Minister of the Airwaves, Aniekeme Finbarr, in his annual Facebook Awards crowned me the Journalist of the Year. I feel highly elated considering the fact that I was chosen as the best out of an array of very outstanding journalists we’ve got here. Though there is no plaque, statuette or gong to keep for remembrance, the award has a big place in my heart. Big thanks to my ardent followers and fans. Below is Finbarr’s citation about my humble self which was posted in his facebook timeline….

My FB Awards No. 20: JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR 2012. (Mr. IFREKE NSEWO *De CONNOISSEUR)

At only 22, I consider him the brightest prodigy in the media profession. He broke the Pa Anthony Enahoro record of Nigeria's youngest editor ever in January 2011, 6 months to his 21st birthday. He is the Editor-in-Chief of South-South Nigeria's premier all entertainment and personality news magazine- E101 Magazine. He is also Sunday Editor at Community Pulse Newspaper. His blog, www.connoisseurng.com under one year of its operation has recorded 220,000 visits and still counting. His CONNOISSEUR SHOW made debut on radio this year, hosting the hottest celebs. He is a fine writer, covers politics, sports and entertainment with a touch of class. His strides are innumerable and I dare submit, nobody in the 4th Estate has achieved more this year. Step out my brother, I celebrate you!

1 comment: