Tuesday 31 January 2012

I REGRET NOT STUDYING JOURNALISM – PROMISE ETIM


Promise Etim is the head of Corps Members Orientation Broadcasting Service (OBS), Anambra State. He studied Agricultural Engineering at the University of Uyo. He is observing his primary assignment at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) FM, Awka. JASPER DADA (his colleague) met him.

What lured you to journalism and broadcasting?
My passion for journalism and broadcasting started in my second year at the university, when  my friend Ini-obong Monday and I analysed the  FIFA 2006 World Cup with Mr. Tony Saviour at NTA 12, Uyo.
But you read Engineering. Won’t you practice your profession?
It is the most quintessential profession in the world, but my passion for journalism has almost drawn my attention off it. Someday in the future, I will practice the profession.
What are the challenges you face as a leader?
There is no easy task in life as far as I am concerned. Leading people has not been easy but we have been able to meet up the demands of people, helping the needy and reaching out to the less privileged.
Do you have any regret?
Yes. Not studying Journalism or Mass Communication at the university is my biggest regret.
What influenced your sport analysis?
One man actually lured me to sports and football to be precise. His name is Jose Mourinho. I always marvel at his antics and tactics on and off the pitch.
What is your future plan?
With increased passion and flair for broadcasting, I am heading for a postgraduate programme in Mass Communication or Journalism after my service year. I am also looking forward to have stint at Brila 88.9 FM, Onitsha before the end of the year.

Source: The Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment