Saturday 8 December 2012

Breaking News: Bush House director of operations, Emma Agbai is dead


I’m numb. I had to beg someone to tell me it’s an April Fool’s joke. Too sad to be true. This is the first time my fingers have refused to type a story for this blog but I had to force them to do it. Emmanuel Agbai, director (S.A) of Operations and Projects at World Win Media, owners of Bush House Nigeria is dead. He had a power-bike accident yesterday in Abuja and died as a result of complications from the accident. I learnt the lady he carried at the back of the power-bike is in a critical condition at the hospital.
I just went through his facebook page and here is what he wrote on his timeline on November 6 about owning a powerbike. REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO OWN A POWER BIKE!!! Your time in life is Maximized, you save 7 xtra days in a year frm traffic jams, no queuing for fuel, free from "one chance"+robbers,no police,vio or road safety harassment,you are the envy of many and God is on your side, have a nice day.”
 
I have a lot of reservations about powerbike after the recent death of the only son of a former minister and now Emma. Emma had worked with Mista Xto’s record label, South Central Records before he left for Abuja to assume duties as the Director of Operations at the ‘House the Lord Himself Buildeth’ (Bush House). Sleep was banished from eyes when the news was broke to me in the wee hours of Sunday morning. The last time I had a conversation with him was in August 2012 when there was a little issue at Bush House. He called me on phone and we had conversation for over one hour where he tried to clarify some issues. I pity his young wife whom he married last year.
Now, I’m terrified. I wish her the fortitude to bear the painful loss. I pray for the speedy recovery of the young lady that has been affected by the accident. May the soul of my departed friend R.I.P. *Tears*.  

No comments:

Post a Comment