Thursday 17 May 2012

Gov. Akpabio announces retirement from active politics


Chief Godswill Akpabio has said he will retire from active politics at the expiration of his tenure as governor of Akwa Ibom State by 2015. He said this in an interview with THE WILL.

He said he would, from 2015, prefer to play an advisory role in political circles in addition to spending more time with his family, particularly to be more involved nurturing the growth of his children.

“I pray that 2015 will meet all of us alive. I see myself as an elder statesman by that time. I would be a former governor of Akwa Ibom State, sitting down as a development consultant, giving advice to the youths, from the level of local governments to the state.”
“There are so many people in my government who can continue from where I will stop on 29th May 2015, by God’s grace; there are so many of them,” he enthused. “I have personal assistants, special assistants, commissioners, members of the executive council, who have all learnt from me; I also have those who are consultants to the government, who are not necessarily portfolio holders but who believe in what I am doing and have made their contributions; they are equally very capable of continuing from where I will stop.”

Is this a sort of mind game or does he mean business?

No comments:

Post a Comment