Thursday 15 March 2012

EBONY MAGAZINE CORRECTS CONTROVERSIAL D’BANJ INTERVIEW


After the infamous article with D’banj stirred mega controversy in the Nigerian entertainment world, Ebony Magazine have gone ahead to correct the controversial statements allegedly made by the Mo’Hits boss.
Ebony had published an interview with D’banj on March 12, 2012 where he talked about breaking into the US market, signing up and working with G.O.O.D Music but what stood out in the 500-plus word interview was the entertainer suggesting full ownership of the Mo’Hits label and also claiming the responsibility of signing the label’s acts including Kay Switch, Dr. SID, Wande Coal, D’Prince and Don Jazzy himself.
In the original interview D’banj was quoted as saying ‘Coming from Africa I’m my own manager, I have my own label called Mo’ Hits with my artists Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy, D’Prince and K-Switch. I own Mo’ Hits and we’ve won numerous awards by the grace of God’.
The interview threw the Nigerian media into a frenzy with fans of the Mo’Hits crew chastising D’banj for uttering such. It only added to the on-going controversy between the label bosses who are on the verge of an irreconcilable separation.
But a day later, a spokesperson for D’banj reportedly told blogger Linda Ikeji, the musician never said such, promising to reach out to the Magazine to correct the ‘errors’.
Ebony Magazine never issued an apology, but the article has been corrected.
The updated version now reads ‘Coming from Africa, I’m my own manager, I co-own a label called Mo’ Hits with Don Jazzy and we represent artists Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, D’Prince and K-Switch. I own Mo’ Hits and we’ve won numerous awards by the grace of God.
The Ebony website did not state that the article had been updated, and the editors did not claim responsibility for the earlier ‘error’ nor did they apologise. They did not respond to our enquiries on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment